Monday, May 29, 2017
Lanap Laser Pack
Stages Of Gum Disease
Dangers Of Gum Disease
Healthy Mouth, Healthy Body
Low Birth Weight and Premature Babies
Tooth and Bone Loss
LANAP® Laser Treatment
Laser Gum Surgery vs Traditional Gum Surgery
Frequently Asked Laser Questions
LANAP in the News
Crowns and Bridges
Six Month Smiles
Oral Cancer Screening
Guided Tissue Bone Regeneration
Periodontal Plastic Surgery
Ridge Preservation (Socket Preservation)
Scaling and Root Planing
Sinus Lift (Sinus Augmentation)
Dental Implants vs Dentures
Single Missing Tooth
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
All-On-4 Implant Supported Dentures
Implant Supported Dentures
Cone Beam, CT Scan and 3-D Imaging
Electric Hand Pieces
Single Tooth Anesthesia®
Before and After Photos
Gum Disease in Pregnancy
Gum Disease, Pancreatic Cancer Link Seen
Gum Disease Linked with Premature Births
Pounds Weigh Heavy on Gums
Linking Infection to Heart Disease
More Research Data for the LANAP® Protocol
Celebrities In Dental News
Frequently Asked Questions
Patient Form Downloads
You are here:
Porcelain Veneers in Silver Spring, MD
Make your smile the best it can be with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are a thin, durable covering that is bonded directly on top of existing teeth to make them look smooth, white and healthy again. Plus, they’re designed to reflect light the same way human teeth do so they always look natural when you smile.
Porcelain veneers are great for addressing many dental issues, including:
Worn, dull or damaged tooth enamel
Teeth that appear uneven or crooked
Chipped or broken teeth
Permanent stains from medications, smoking or coffee/tea
Getting porcelain veneers with Dr. Kabasela usually takes three office visits.
1. First, we’ll discuss what you’re hoping to achieve and how porcelain veneers can meet your expectations. Then your teeth will be examined to ensure they are the right procedure for you.
2. Next, Dr. Kabasela will prep your teeth for the porcelain veneers. This involves removing a very small bit of enamel from your teeth, roughly the equivalent to how much porcelain is needed to cover your teeth – about half a millimeter.
3. After we make an impression of your teeth, you will choose your perfect shade of white and the impressions will go to a vendor for a customized set of veneers.
4. When they are ready (about three weeks), your teeth will be cleaned and prepped so the veneers can bond nice and tight.
5. Dr. Kabasela places the porcelain veneers over your teeth using special cement and a light beam to activate and seal it.
Taking Care of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are durable and can last about a decade or more if you take good care of them. Floss, brush and visit your dentist for routine cleanings. We also recommend that you avoid certain foods that could stain them, such as raw carrots. Patients who grind their teeth should also consider a sleep guard to protect them from damage.
Beautiful, white teeth can be yours. Call us today for a consultation.
Metropolitan Dental Specialty Group, located in Silver Spring, MD, is a Dental Practice who services patients from North Bethesda, MD, Hyattsville, MD, and White Oak, MD. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to
schedule your appointment
Have Additional Questions?
Ready to Schedule Your Appointment?